Sunday, May 10, 2020

126. WHY CAN'T I GET OVER THIS FEELING

I don’t think anybody can fall in love unless they feel lonely. People can’t fall in love unless they know they are lonely and are separate individuals. If by some strange misunderstanding, you think you are the other person already, then there’s no one for you to fall in love with. It doesn’t work that way. The whole idea of union is that of two being together. One and one together make union. If there’s just one, you can’t call that union. Zero is not union, one is not union, but two is union. So I think in love it is the desolateness that inspires the warmth. The more you feel a sense of desolation, the more warmth you feel at the same time. You can’t feel the warmth of the house unless it’s cold outside. The colder it is outside, the cozier it is at home. - Trungpa Rinpoche

I don't know what I 'm so afraid of. I find myself in tears scrolling to old photos, old conversations, friends' old blog posts.  And even though nothing really happened,  why do I feel so scarred, so lonely, so sad? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.