Friday, January 8, 2016

89. 2016 Resolutions

My study routine consists of me telling everyone I need the weekend off to study, having enough sleep the night before, big breakfast in the morning, 5 hours on tumblr for quotes and photos and youtube for songs and inspirational videos, and finishing off the set-attainable-goal of to-finish-lecture-notes. 

I'm still in the 5 hours.

What is feeling content? In the state of peaceful happiness, being satisfied, tranquiled. Whatever.
Have you ever looked back on the past days, and think, you're so blessed with this and that, you've done so much,  lots of good things happened, yet you still have so much to complained about. 

Back when I was still in school, a year means so much things will happen, fresh start, a new class, I'm in a new grade, might make some new friends, another hari sukan, bla bla. And then highschool happened, and that's when I learned how it's like to stay with same people for five years. But then there were still hari sukan in each year, and then form 4 baru came in, and the annual  hksbp, bla bla. 

In college, there are not so much of an annual things, and the new semester doesn't even start on a new year. So it's kinda weird. And for the first few years it has just been like, year and year gone by and I'm just like, still in the bubble of being in highschool. I miss the sportday, the once a year final exam. 

And then it happened. The most stressing year of my life. Seeing people get to do things I've been wanting to do my whole entire life and still got so much to complaint about, that's when I learned that some will always views happiness as a one-off things. Happiness means to do something. 
I have this one friend who I dont remember seeing her complained at all, " Are you happy?"
And she said almost certainly " Yes." or she just nodded I dont remember.

the 2015 some scratched off, some not

So anyway, that's my 2016 resolution, to stop complaining about things that make me unhappy. To feel content. And start focusing on things that make me happy however small the things are. And if I ever had to remind myself " are you happy now? what makes you so?" Here's a small list.
  • listening to soundcloud
  • watching pewds, JBU, superfruits and 
  • modern family; " honey you've got the gift, right?" "thats what people told me"
  • being with my family
  • being in this room 
  • the highschool years
  • living abroad
  • hangout and lepak with girlfriends
  • listening to songs
  • singing and dancing
  • driving while eating my favorite snack
  • able to buy things I want
  • family medicine
  • medical student
And to write, more often. 
Here's to no more drama,breakups and bad marks, here's to a fresh start.